Motivate East is a partnership project being delivered by the Legacy Corporation, London Sport and WheelPower in partnership with Lee Valley Regional Park Authority and seven East London boroughs.
Motivate East has a total budget of just over one million pounds, the main contributor is Sport England who have awarded a grant of £564,304.00. Additional funding and in kind contributions also come from the Legacy Corporation, WheelPower, Local Authorities and Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
Motivate East comprises of:
- Paralympic Legacy Agents Programme: Paralympic Legacy Agents raise the profile of opportunities listed below and make sure a diverse range of disabled people make the most of the project.
- Multi sport participation events: Offering many opportunities for disabled people to try and take part in sport and physical exercise.
- New equipment including a throw down activity surface: Which can be used to transform any open space into a platform for sporting and physical exercise activities.
- A programme development project: Designed to make sport and physical activity opportunities in the seven boroughs more inclusive and accessible for disabled people.
- Paralympic Anniversary Festival: A community event taking part in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, celebrating the Paralympics and encouraging disabled people to participate in sport and incorporate physical activity into their lifestyle.