Motivate East’s commitment to Privacy
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- What are cookies? The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them
- Finding out what information the London Legacy Development Corporation holds about you
The website is maintained by the London Legacy Development Corporation. We are a statutory body with the freehold ownership and responsibility for the long-term planning, development, management and maintenance of the Olympic Park and its facilities after the London 2012, which will be known as Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after the Games.
The London Legacy Development Corporation owns www.motivateeast.co.uk and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998. This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under the DPA.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our website:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our online enquiry forms.
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about updates to the www.motivateeast.co.uk website.
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviors of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
- To create meaningful, actionable analysis that will help us to understand how policy issues and Motivate East are being talked about and to react accordingly.
Your personal information will not be used for marketing purposes or any other services unless you have specifically agreed to let us contact you for these purposes. We will only share your personal information with a third party if required to do so by law or for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
Any personal information you provide to us is stored securely on password and firewall protected servers and all website transactions are protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
What are cookies? The types of cookies we use and how you can disable them
In this section you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit the Motivate East website and how to manage and disable them.
What are cookies?
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
We use the following types of cookies
1. Session cookies – These are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
3. Analytical cookies – Our website uses Google Analytics cookies (third party cookie) for the following purposes:
- a cookie to record the time of your first visit to website, the time of your most recent visit to the website and the time of your current visit;
- a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website; and
- a cookie to record how you located our website (i.e. Google search, keyword, link from other page etc).
We only share the information obtained through the use of Google Analytics with Google. For more information on Google’s use of your information, please visit the Google Privacy and Data Sharing pages.
The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way.
To prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, you may wish to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Can I opt out of cookies?
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website. For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.
We use a third party provider, dotMailer (www.dotMailer.co.uk) to deliver our monthly e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
Finding out what information the London Legacy Development Corporation holds about you
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact the Legacy Corporation’s Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
London Legacy Development Corporation
1 Stratford Place
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
1 Stratford Place
Or email: email@example.com